PPGs can play a number of roles, including:
- Advising the practice on the patient perspective
- Organising health promotion events
- Communicating with the wider patient body
- Running volunteer services and support groups to meet local needs
- Carrying out research into the views of those who use the practice (and their carers)
- Fundraising to improve the services provided by the practice
- Influencing the practice or the wider NHS to improve commissioning
The group meets on a regular basis here at the practice, participants also attend larger cluster meetings where other PPG’s from Leigh practices meet and discuss developments.
Keep up to date with the news feed on our home page of the practice website for the latest developments along with the minutes from each meeting!